We’ve been talking about meal planning for a long time, I’ve actually been thinking about doing it for about 7 years and never done it.
On Saturday before we headed to the store we actually did it.
With the meal plan, I won’t have Glenn emailing and texting me every single day asking what we should have for dinner. This has pretty much happened daily, the entire time I’ve known him.
A lot of people meal plan to save money- which I’d like to do too. I do not however think we saved any on our grocery bill this week. There is definitely a way to meal plan and save money, but I’m to lazy to figure it out just yet.
We did buy everything we need for the meals, which wasn’t necessarily inexpensive but hopefully we won’t find ourselves going back to the store to random things throughout the week.
I’ll post the ingredients & recipes on separate posts each day. Recipes aren’t usually very specific, you can kind of wing most everything we make.
I got the idea for the spicy chicken enchiladas from Stuft Mama’s blog, but we followed our own recipe.
Spicy Chicken Enchilada Meal:
Jalapeno Jelly (We use Dillmans Farm – local place in Bloomington)
Enchilada Sauce (homemade)
- Cook Rice
- Cook Chicken
- We just cooked it on the stove and cut it up into little pieces… cooking in the crockpot all day with salsa and shredding it would have been better.
- Use whatever spices you want to make it… spicy.
- Make Enchilada Sauce
- Pour a little enchilada sauce on bottom of pan
- Put chicken, chopped spinach, shredded cheese & dab of jalapeno jelly on corn tortilla, roll up tortilla’s and line them in pan
- Pour enchilada sauce all over tortilla’s and sprinkle with chese
- Bake at 350 for 25ish minutes
We put hot sauce on pretty much everything except desert.
Here’s what we’ll be eating the rest of the week…. I’ll post each recipe each day. Although you won’t need the recipe for Sunday, because we at box macaroni…. #healthfail.
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Annie’s Macaroni & Broccoli
Veggie Stew & Corn Bread
Veggie Burger, Kale & Asparagus
Baked Spaghetti & Toast
Happy Eating. Run a lot, eat a lot.