Meal Plan Day 2:
Veggie Soup & Cornbread. I made them both. Recipes at the bottom of post!
|Baby food in the making.|
I pureed up lot’s of baby food. (sweet potato, zucchini & green beans) I put the sweet potato & zucchini together- zucchini was kind of runny, so I made the sweet potato a little thicker- he liked it… hasn’t tried the green beans yet though)
|The clean freak in me screams and I have to just let go every time I feed this child.|
|Thankfully he entertained himself like this the whole time.|
Here’s how it all went down:
- 1 onion
- 2 Potatos
- 1 small Zucchini
- half a bag Green Beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can Beans
- 1 Jalapeno
- 13 oz can of tomato puree
- 12ish oz of broth (of your choice) I used chicken broth because that’s what we had, which made it not so vegetarian. As long as you aren’t serving to a vegetarian that doesn’t really matter does it.
- 1 bottle Sierra Nevada
- Seasoning of your choice- we put garlic power, onion power, cracked black pepper, cumin, paprika and white pepper
Special instructions: Grill onion in pan with a little bit of oil first- then dump all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
Extra special instructions: dump a lot of hot sauce in this bad boy. Hot sauce makes everything better. We used Franks.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- half jar of salsa
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can creamed corn
- spoonful or two of sour cream
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven and bake on 400 for 30ish minutes depending on how moist you like it. I took mine out at 30 minutes and it was perfect for my liking- pretty moist but certainly done.
Per usual with soup/stew/chili/whatever- this was much better day two. The cornbread, while not the healthiest is freaking good.
Tomorrow- I’ll post tonight’s meal. Mile repeats are lined up for tomorrow, so it better be some good fuel.