I’ll Have Another Podcast Episode 64: Krissy Moehl
In this episode of I’ll Have Another, we are talking Ultra Running and adventure. I have a group of friends taking on Rim to Rim to Rim this week and they posted a TedX Talk of my guest for today’s show Krissy Moehl. Krissy has completed R2R2R really fast, so we were intrigued to her her talk. I rarely sit down and watch any sort of on-line video, but I watched this video completely intrigued and immediately emailed her to see if she’d chat with me for the show!
Krissy is an Ultra Trail Running, a coach, an author and a race director. In seventeen years of Ultrarunning Krissy has toed the line to over 100 races, including 55 female wins, 2 outright wins and just 2 DNFs. In the hour we had, we didn’t get into even a baby chunk of her accomplishments- so I wanted to list them here:
- May 14, 2016, Quicksilver 100k, female win
- September 28-30, 2015, Tahoe Rim Trail FKT women’s supported record 47:29
- May 2015, World 50 mile Trail Championships, Annecy France. Team USA
- December 6-7, 2014, 2-day, 106 mile crossing of Patagonia National Park, Chile
- September 1-8, 2014, 7-day, 120 mile traverse of Sweden’s Kings Trail
- June 1, 2014, Cayuga 50 mile USATF National Trail Championships, 2nd female, 22nd overall 8:51
- February 15, 2014, Run the Rann 101km, India. 1st female (tie with Nikki Kimball), 2nd overall (4-way tie) 12:59
- September 28, 2013 Patagonian International Marathon, 1st female, 4th overall 5:49
- August 22-23, 2013 Fastest Known Time set on Wonderland Trail with Darcy Africa 22:22
- August 10, 2013 Squamish 50 mile, 1st female, 6th overall 9:37
- April 26, 2013, Ultra Trail du Mont Fuji, 1st female, 25th overall 24:35
- November 3, 2012, Mt. Masochist 50 mile – 30th Anniversary, 1st female 8:41:28
- October 20-27, 2012, Run around the Roof of Africa. 1st group to circumnavigate 270km around Kilimanjaro
- October 13, 2012, Otter African Trail Race, 1st female, 5:24:59
- July 13, 2012, Hardrock 100 mile, 4th female, 36:36 (true Hardrocker, have completed the race in both directions)
- June 23, 2012, Western States 100 mile Endurance Run, 4th female 18:29 (personal best for 100 mile distance)
- December 3, 2011 The North Face 50 mile Endurance Championships, 4th female 7:47
- July 30, 2011 White River 50 mile, Crystal Mountain, WA, 2nd female, 8:35
- June 11, 2011 San Diego 100, Camp Al Bahr, California, 1st female, 6th overall, 19:41:13!! (CR)
- September 2010 – Shinetsu Five Mountains 110km, Madaro, Japan: 1st female, 14th overall. 13:31
- August 2010 – Transrockies Stage Race, Buena Vista to Beaver Creek – Vasque team with Bryan Dayton. 1st open mixed
- April 2010 – Mad City 100 km, Madison, WI: 4th female, 11th overall. 8:33:55 (qualifying time for World 100k team)
- August 2009 – Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, Chamonix, France: 1st female, 11th overall. 24:56:01 (current CR)
- June 2009 – Western States 100 mile, Auburn, CA: 2nd female, 13th overall. 19:26:02
- July 2007 – Hardrock 100, Silverton, CO: 1st female, 3rd overall. 29:24:45
- January 2007 – HURT 100, Oahu, HI: 1st female, tied for 2nd overall. 26:15
- August 2006 – Where’s Waldo 100 km, Corvalis, OR: 1st female, 1st overall. 11:18
- 2005 – Grand Slam – youngest female and second fastest to complete the series
- 2004 – Wasatch 100, Kaysville, UT: 1st female, 7th overall. 23:49:47
In this episode, Krissy talks about the important factors that make up a successful race for her- outside of just being physically prepared. She talks about a few of her many adventures in depth- like having the fastest known time around the Lake Tahoe Trail. We talk about how being competitive is great, but working with others is a big part of that. Krissy is humble and kind and the perfect example of what the sport of Ultra Running is all about.
If you’re loving the show- I would LOVE it if you would share it with your friends on social media!
We are excited to announce the first I’ll Have Another with Lindsey Hein Live event and hope that you are able to join!
This event is the same day as the Indianapolis Women’s Half Marathon – so a great double reason to travel to Indy! Run the race in the morning, celebrate with your friends in the evening at this fun event with plenty of drinks, heavy appetizers, desert and lot’s of laughs.
There is limited seating, so grab a friend and get your tickets right away! Grab the early bird price through June 15th.
Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, they’ve never wavered from their mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
Now Foods is offering a 25% off your purchase head over to now-2-u.com and use promo code “ANOTHER” for your discount!
If you follow me at all on social media- you know I basically live at the Irsay Y throughout the week! They have an awesome new class that is offered exclusively at this Y and you can try it out for free if you just let them know I sent you!