Three Things I’m Loving
Like most people in my generation. I’ve become obsessed with podcasts. I’m surprised I’m not listening to one right now. Right now though, I am sitting in my parents basement sitting at the bar, drinking coffee, listening to music, praying that my kids won’t wake up for another 45 minutes. Another hour. No two hours. Not really two hours though because we need to get moving for the day before we hit two hours. Ok, no I’d take the two hours. I’m actually kind of on edge, because I’m sitting in the dark with headphones on and I’m kind of afraid Marshall is going to wake up from the couch and creep over to me and scare the shit out of me. I’m just waiting for it.
The boys and I stayed at my parents the last two nights just for fun. My sister has been here with her two kids and I didn’t have any work meetings or events so figured it was perfect timing. Nice because yesterday I ran outside for an hour by myself- I really love running in Bloomington because of the change of scene, not to mention there are actually some hills and I enjoy a hilly run.
The only downside, is all of the kids have a nagging cold, so they’ve been a little grumpy. Here is Marshall having a meltdown, Big Lou and Gunner be like “say what dude?”
But I’ve had the opportunity for lot’s of good snuggles and I’m not complaining about that. I know i’m partial, but Marshall has the most perfect eyebrows and eye lashes. Any woman would be jealous I think.
Back to the podcasts; I’ve been listening to is the Jamie Ivey, Happy Hour podcast. She interviews and chats with women, wanting the podcast to feel like you’re just sitting in a room with your girlfriends for happy hour having good conversation. She usually interviews a women who is running a small business, writing books, running some amazing nonprofit or just someone who is inspiring and has a good story to tell. I’ve gained a lot of inspiration through the women on the show. It’s is definitely a Christian based podcast and for the ladies. When we drove down to Chattanooga this summer I listened to one in the car with Glenn and he was not impressed, though he happily listened.
My point. Well I have two points.
1. I have a dream of starting my own podcast. There I said it.
2. She ends every episode asking guests to name what book they are reading and what three things they are loving.
So I’m going to do that today. Not start my own podcast, but tell you the books I’m reading and three things I’m loving. 🙂
Right now, I’m somehow trying to read three books. (very slowly) I kind of made a quiet goal to read two books a month this year. Yikes. The percentage I’m into these books is not high. I think I need to listen to one on audio to get through this!
- Half the Sky – by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn – I started this book a couple of years ago when my Grandma gave it to me, but put it down halfway through. I’m determined to finish it.
- American Sniper – by Chris Kyle – I’ve been wanting to read this for awhile and definitely want to read it before I see the movie. I’m about 30% done right now.
- Why not Me – by Mindy Kaling – Because I’m obsessed with Mindy Kaling. The first two books aren’t really what one would call light reads and I like to always have a light, happy, funny read teed up in case my spirit needs it. One thing to know about me is I CLING to comedy. If I’m anxious, sad or whatever- please put some Seinfeld on. Or right now, put the Mindy Project on.
Three Things I’m Loving:
- The Mindy Project. If you follow me on twitter, you’ve probably already heard enough about that. I started watching it from the beginning a couple of weeks ago on hulu. It’s everything I hoped it would be.
- Silk vanilla almond milk creamer in my coffee – My mom always has this at their house. It makes morning coffee seem so much more special than coffee with some regular old milk and stevia. In fact, I think I need a refill right now.
- Jason Isbell Pandora – Glenn got me hooked on Jason Isbell. He texted and emailed me on like five separate occasions during the workday telling me about it, then following up have you tried it, have you tried it? Until I did. I love it. I’m struggling to find the words to describe what kind of music it is but think Ray Lamontagne meets Sturgill Simpsom. The best part- he’s coming to Indy next month and we are planning on going. Yay. Need to book a sitter.
What books are you reading?
What are three things you’re loving?
Would you listen to my podcast? If so who do you request my first guest to be? Think funny, inspiring and someone who has a good story to tell.