What’s Going On:
What’s been going on around here…..
Plantar Fasciitis Update (you totally care about that right?!):
While my plantar fasciitis isn’t totally gone- I CAN run again. Hooray! It had become so bad while I was training for Boston and during Boston that I really had to give myself some time to heal. I took around 6 weeks off – with 2 (I think) test runs in the mix that quickly told me- nope you’re not ready yet. I’m not one to run through injuries, but this wasn’t super serious, and I had already paid the money for the race, travel & hotel- I wasn’t going to not run because of it. But the time off was much needed. I was starting to hobble around just walking. I still feel it but NOT when I run, which is a good sign in my book. I went to the chiropractor a few times and had some ART work done, which was helpful. Now if I can just stay disciplined to keep rolling everything out and not being a lazy runner.
So I’ve been slowly building my mileage back up- around 4 days a week right now and just ran my highest mileage since coming back this past Saturday- 7 miles, whoop whoop! It felt good though and I had good company and that’s what mattered most.
I have been throughly enjoying bringing back the stroller run. I was a beast with the stroller last year and am happy to settle back into it. There was a short phase there where Marshall wasn’t loving the stroller run- but he’s back to enjoying. Are you interested in getting into the stroller run? Here’s a post I wrote about how to DOMINATE the stroller run. As far as races go for now, I’m undecided what to do, but I’ll keep you posted.
Glenn Training for Monumental:
Glenn is nice and recovered from Mohican and getting into his Monumental training. Out the door before 6 most days to get the run in. Because it’s not happening when he gets home from work…. unless he wants to run once Marshall is in bed.
– We started up our weekly speed sessions- ANYONE is welcome:
- Meeting at 5:30am at Einsteins in Broad Ripple, every Wednesday. Just show up. Feel free to shoot us an email – Outforarun.firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ll be there, but no biggie if you don’t!
– The Carmel Road Racing Group Women’s Fall Training Program:
- I had the privilege of working with a fabulous group of ladies in the spring training for the Indy Women’s Half Marathon & 5K. We had so much fun, we decided to train again. We are training for the Monumental 5K, Half or Full Marathon
- Training schedules went out this week (you can STILL sign up!)
- We meet on Thursdays at 5:45pm at alternating locations – BlueMile in Broad Ripple, Downtown and the Monon Center in Carmel.
- All Details HERE.
- Register HERE.
- We have some amazing runners we are coaching this fall and absolutely love that we can share our passion for running with others in this way. If you are looking for a training plan for the fall- we can help you anytime OR if you are looking for coaching we have room for 2 more athletes this fall. And if you are thinking ahead and want to sign on for spring training- let us know now and we’ll get you on our list. You can read more about our coaching services HERE.
Lastly, I feel like I can’t mention it enough but THANK YOU everyone who supported and voted for me in the Women’s Running Magazine contest. I am so thankful for the opportunity and had a blast out in San Diego. And I can’t thank Women’s Running and Saucony enough for the amazing experience and platform to share my story.
The local media in Indianapolis has been all over the story and I’m grateful for the support and response from my community. It makes be proud to be an Indy girl.
Here is a piece from WTHR that ran last night on the 6PM news: (thank you Naomi for covering the story)
What’s been going on with you?
Who wants to join us for Wednesday speed work?!
Someone tell me the plantar fasciitis will go away for good!!